Home Politics Imminent Trump takes over Chicago brings light to immigration arrests

Imminent Trump takes over Chicago brings light to immigration arrests

6
0

NewYou can listen to Fox News articles now!

The Trump administration is weighing Chicago’s National Guard deployment, which has attracted new attention to immigration-related arrests and has become a central feature of its crackdown in Washington, D.C.

Many arrests since President Donald Trump Announced earlier this month’s crackdown was linked to immigration, including alleged members of Tren de Aragua and MS-13.

Now, the capital’s federal surge is inspiring the possibility of targeting Chicago and other blue cities next. According to Chicago New York Times.

“Chicago is a mess. You have an incompetent mayor. Very incompetent,” Trump said Friday.

Illinois Democratic Leader Explodes Trump Promotes to Send National Guard to Chicago

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson addressed reporters as President Trump said he had sent troops to Chicago. (Getty Image/ Kamil Krazaczynski)

Like Washington, D.C. residents, Chicagoans are already opposing Trump’s potential plans.

Click here for more immigration coverage

Democratic Mayor Brandon Johnson fired in a statement: “Illegal deployment of the National Guard to Chicago has the potential to inspire tensions between residents and law enforcement when we know that trust between police and residents is the basis for building safer communities.” “Illegal deployment will be unsustainable and has the potential to undermine the historical progress we have made.”

Since President Trump took office in January Department of Homeland Security As part of its extensive law enforcement, a series of major ice arrests have been highlighted in Chicago. Officials said the agency is continuing its mass deportation efforts, while also urging undocumented immigrants with no other criminal records to voluntarily leave the country.

White House accuses Pritzker, Illinois dems, while Chicago crime craze

Crimes in Washington, DC

DC Metropolitan Police detained a person after a dispute in Washington, DC, U.S. on August 14, 2025 in Washington, U.S. (Reuters/Nathan Howard)

The Guatemalan country, Francisco Dominguez-Chon, was convicted of serious criminal sexual abuse against minors, and Adonias Garrido-Virul, of Guatemala, was convicted of predatory criminal sexual assault on minors.

The Mexican country of Bonaparte-Contreras has been convicted of predatory sexual assault on children under the age of 13. In addition, Cobian-Sandoval, a Mexican national Israel, was convicted of murder.

“President Trump is clear: we will once again make our streets and cities safe again. Across the country, Department of Homeland Security law enforcement is arresting and removing the worst of the worst, including gang members, murderers, pedophiles, pedophiles, and terrorists against the American community.

Trump’s week is shape of a crime agenda, potential guards deployed to Chicago

Trump talks with National Guard and law enforcement officers

President Donald Trump spoke with law enforcement officers and National Guard soldiers in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, August 21, 2025. (Jacquelyn Martin/AP photo)

Some local sounds Chicago Call for major changes to prevent crime in certain areas of the city.

Click here to get the Fox News app

“This city is not safe,” restaurateur Sam Sanchez told Fox News numbers in a recent interview.

He added: “To get the mayor and the governor on TV and use us as statistics, I mean, we are humans and we are talking about real-time.”

Preston Mizell and Alexandra Koch of Fox News Digital contributed to the report.

Source link