Home Politics Obama warns Trump administration policy puts U.S. freedom at risk

Obama warns Trump administration policy puts U.S. freedom at risk

7
0

NewYou can listen to Fox News articles now!

Former President Barack Obama Warned of the “dangerous trend” that emerged in the Trump administration, saying its policies “put the freedom of all Americans at risk.”

On X, Obama quoted an interview with The New York Times’ Ezra Klein, as well as a journalist, “The Ezra Klein Show,” which discusses President Donald Trump’s threat to send the National Guard into New York and the former president’s hometown of Chicago.

“This interview can also be conducted as a podcast, outlining some of the dangerous trends we have in recent months about state and local police functions,” Obama wrote on X.

Chicago restaurant owners commit violent crimes city leadership: “We want law and order”

Former President Barack Obama and Donald Trump are in the church. Obama warned Thursday that today’s “basic principles erode”. (Getty Image)

He added: “Erosion due process and the expansion of our military on the soil at home erosion puts the freedom of all Americans at risk and should be paid attention to Democrats and Republicans.”

Trump suggests federal crackdown Fighting crime In Chicago, something similar to what happened in Washington, D.C.

“Governor Pritzker has had six murders this weekend in Chicago,” Trump wrote on Thursday. “Twenty people were shot. But he didn’t want to ask me for help. Is this possible? People are desperate to stop the crime and Democrats can’t do that. Please stay tuned!!!!!!!”

Illinois Democratic Leader Explodes Trump Promotes to Send National Guard to Chicago

DC Metro Station's FBI agent patrol

FBI agents were D.C. Metro and Metro Police Department officials detained three people at the L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station in Washington. (AP)

Threats to send the National Guard to help fight crime in the Blue City have sparked anger among Democrats.

Earlier this week, Trump criticized Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson for their crime rates against the city. The governor said he would boycott any federal intervention.

“I said.” President, don’t come Go to Chicago. You neither want it nor need it. Pritzker told reporters this week.

Illinois Governor JB Pritzker speaks to reporters outside Trump Tower in Chicago

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker condemned the Trump administration’s potential plans to deploy National Guard forces to the city and spoke to journalists in front of Trump Tower in Chicago. (Chicago Tribune)

Click here to get the Fox News app

Fox News Digital has contacted the White House.

Source link