Home World White House attempts to use military bases in Chicago area for “sanitary...

White House attempts to use military bases in Chicago area for “sanitary cities” crackdown | Chicago

9
0

The White House requested US Army Based on the basis of Chicago suburban assisted immigration action Trump administration Plan a wider acquisition democracy– Implement “sanctuary city”.

On Thursday, Naval Station Great Lakes (NSGL) confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has obtained assistance, Tell The Department of Homeland Security has requested “limited support in the form of facilities, infrastructure and other logistical needs to support DHS operations.”

An NSGL spokesman told the media that no decision has been made on the request and that the base has not received any formal requests to support the deployment of the National Guard. The guardian has contacted NSGL for comment.

A spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security said in a statement to the Guardian: “President Trump is clear: we will once again make our streets and cities safe again. Around the country, the Department of Homeland Security law enforcement is arresting and removing the worst of the worst, including gang members, murderers, lovers, pedophiles, and terrorists who are terrifying in the U.S. community. [Kristi] Nom, ice [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] and CBP [Customs and Border Protection] Working overtime to fulfill the mandate of the American people to arrest and expel criminally illegal foreigners and to make the United States safe again. ”

From Trump administration Just weeks after the president directed the federal government to take over the federal takeover of Washington, D.C. — deployed the National Guard, took over the police department, and strengthened immigration raids and deportations in the city.

On Thursday, Trump’s “Border Tsar” Tom Homan commented on the administration’s next move.

“You’re going to see the scale of operations in New York continue, and operations in Los Angeles continue…Seattle, Seattle, all these sanctuary cities that refuse to work with ICE, and we know that public safety threatens the country every day,” he said.

Chicago, in particular, has been a target for most of Trump, including the truth-clarifying social posts in the city’s homicides over the weekend, saying: “Is this possible? City Mayor Brandon Johnson and Illinois Governor JB Pritzker has repeatedly defended the city and its recent decline in crime.

Wednesday, The Chicago Sun Times Report first Regarding the Department of Homeland Security’s request for naval bases, and an email was sent to his leadership team by Commander Captain Stephen Yargosz.

“These operations are similar to what happened in Los Angeles earlier this summer,” Yargosz wrote. “The same DHS team. This morning, I received a call saying that it is also possible to support the National Guard forces. There are not many details at the moment. Major concerns and issues.”

According to Yargosz, law enforcement officers from DHS, ICE and CBP will be stationed at military bases from September 2 to 30.

Speech Chicago Sun Times, Illinois leaders opposed the idea of ​​deploying federal law enforcement to major democratic cities.

“Forcing the army, coming uninvited, entering Chicago “Intimidating Americans in their own communities doesn’t make our country stronger. It’s another unnecessary, unnecessary and unjust person who moves directly from the authoritarian script, which only undermines the preparation of our military and ultimately undermines our national security.”

Skip the newsletter promotion

Senator Dick Durbin responded to a similar view, telling the Chicago Sun that local leaders “has not yet asked or agreed to President Trump to bring the military to “save our city.”

“Now, he reportedly wants to further abuse his powers, waste government resources and undermine military preparations by making Naval Station Great Lakes the center of his operations in Illinois…I can remind me of the President who deployed military to Chicago and derailed the key operations in the Naval Station Great Lakes, which is both powerless, omnipotent and illegal.”

Pritzker said in a press conference Wednesday that he has not received any communication from the White House regarding federal deployment.

“I think it’s clear that we haven’t received any calls from the White House, the federal government, anyone who might be responsible for some kind of force movement,” explain Pritzker. The guardian has contacted Pritzker’s office for comment.

Many Democrats criticized Trump’s federal crackdown.

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries on Sunday defendant Trump “plays games with American lives,” adding that the president “creates a crisis” to prove sent national forces to the city of Illinois.

“I strongly support the statement issued by Governor Pritzker, making it clear that there is no basis and no power Donald Trump “It’s possible to try to send federal forces into the city of Chicago,” Jeffries said.

Source link