Home Politics Erik and Lyle Menendez parole decision: hearing update

Erik and Lyle Menendez parole decision: hearing update

11
0

Erik Menendez His brother got a decision after parole hearing Lyle’s Fate is still in equilibrium.

Erik, 54, was deprived of parole during a hearing on Thursday, August 21. Lyle’s hearing will be held on Friday, August 22.

“While we respect the decision, today’s results are certainly disappointing, not what we hoped for,” the Menendez family said in a prepared statement. news Thursday. “But our belief in Eric remains unwavering, and we know he will make big strides to make recommendations from the board. His remorse, his growth and his positive impact on others. We will continue to be with him and insist on hope that he will return home as soon as possible.”

Earlier this week, brothers’ lawyers, Mark Geragostalk about the parole process Cuomo of the News Agency.

“It was a very interactive experience, very robust, and people didn’t realize: the parole board members that day retired every day, intentionally and make decisions,” Glagos said. News Agency Cuomo Earlier this week. “I hope to separate, decide on them in turn and hope that it will be a decision Give them freedom Nearly 36 years later. ”

Geragos added that Erik and Lyle are fascinating, fun, and Worth parole,” insisted, “they should both stand out. ”

Erik and Lyle admit to killing parents Jose and Kitty MenendezIn August 1989, the siblings were 18 and 21 years old, respectively. Despite their claims of defending themselves for abuse and fear of their lives, Eric and Lyle were convicted of first-degree murder in 1996 and sentenced to life imprisonment without parole.

New interest in the case after release in 2024 Netflix documentaries and series About Brothers, former Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascon Respected Erik and Lyle will be excited. In May, the judge Reduced their sentences 50 years of life, there is a possibility of parole.


Related: Murder trials by Erik and Lyle Menendez: Where are the main players now?

Legal issues of Erik Menéndez and Lyle Menéndez led to two high-profile trials – but where are the main players in the murder now? The parents of the Menéndez brothers José and Kitty Menéndez were found dead in their Beverly Hills home in 1989. […]

The day after the hearing began, Nathan Hochmanthe current Los Angeles district attorney explained his opposition to Eric and Lyle’s release.

“The Menendez brothers never fully accept the responsibility for the horrible murder of their parents, but continue to promote false narratives of self-defense that the jury refused decades ago,” Hochman said in the family. Wednesday, August 20, Statement. “We have been against their release because they have not shown complete insight into crime and have not proved that they have fully recovered and therefore continue to pose a risk to society. We will evaluate our final position based on the evidence presented at the hearing.”

Hockman stressed that Erik and Lyle’s media revival should not affect the parole board’s ruling.

“Although recent documentaries and films have attracted renewed attention to the case, the parole decision must be based entirely on facts and laws,” he continued. “This situation, like all cases, especially those that attract the public, must be viewed critically. Justice should never be waving by wonder.”

Source link