Home Politics Trump administrator announces new push to clear Medicaid illegal immigrants

Trump administrator announces new push to clear Medicaid illegal immigrants

10
0

NewYou can listen to Fox News articles now!

First on Fox: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announces new national efforts to clear Illegal immigration Public health insurance plan from Tuesday.

Under the new initiative, CMS will issue monthly enrollment reports to states that determine any Medicaid or Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP) enrollment whose citizenship or immigration status cannot be confirmed through federal databases. These databases will include alien verification of systems such as the Social Security Bureau and the Department of Homeland Security.

In an announcement on the new plan, CMS noted that the first of these monthly reports was issued Tuesday. Each state will receive a separate report within a month. At the same time, states are expected to report to the CMS on the results of their verification reviews.

“It’s over now:’The White House vows to evacuate illegal immigrants from taxpayer benefits

The Trump administration is expanding efforts to prevent illegal immigration from launching a new plan on Tuesday, August 19, 2025. (Getty/Istock)

“We are tightening overseeing enrollment rates to protect taxpayer dollars and ensure that these important programs only serve only those who are legally truly legally qualified,” said Secretary of Health and Human Services. Robert Kennedy Jr. said Tuesday.

“Every dollar is a dollar taken away from qualified, vulnerable individuals who need Medicaid and chips,” added CMS administrator Dr. Mehmet Oz. “This action underlines our firm commitment to program integrity, maintaining taxpayer dollars, and ensuring strict preservation of benefits for those who are qualified under the law.”

Since President Donald Trump began his second term, the Republican president has taken several measures to ensure non-citizens do not have access to the public interest that should be reserved for American citizens.

RFK Jr

Secretary of Health and Human Services Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (Andrew Harnik/Getty Images)

One of the first steps taken by the second Trump administration was the executive order issued by the president in February. The order directs federal agencies to determine programs that currently allow illegal immigrants to obtain federal benefits and to take the necessary actions to ensure that non-residents do not receive taxpayer-funded benefits for violations of laws passed in 1996, known as the Personal Liability and Job Opportunity Reconciliation Act.

Members of Congress called on Noem, Ph.D. OZ plans to “quickly delete” 1.4 million illegal immigrants on Medicaid

Weeks later, the Department of Health and Human Services said it was expanding the list of federal government business plans seen as the public interest. This move increases the number of procedures from 31 to 44.

Meanwhile, provisions in the highly controversial Republican spending plan passed last month have added new statutory obligations, requiring states to check eligibility for Medicaid participants at least twice a year more frequently.

Earlier this month, a judge told Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services Stop sharing registration information In the case of immigration authorities, the government has begun sharing this information to help immigration and customs enforcement (ICE) efforts to carry out deportation.

Arizona Immigration to December 1223

Immigrants lined up at the remote U.S. Border Patrol Processing Center after crossing the U.S. border in Lukeville, Arizona on December 7, 2023. The Department of Homeland Security threat assessment warns that immigration is linked to terrorism exploiting the border crisis. (John Moore/Getty Image)

Click here to get the Fox News app

A coalition of more than 20 Democratic attorneys general led by New York Attorney General Letitia James is suing the Trump administration’s new policies requiring verification of immigration status to participate in federally funded programs.

“For decades, states like New York have established health, education and family support systems that serve those in need,” James said last month. “These programs work because they are open, accessible, and based on compassion. Now, the federal government has pulled the foundation from under us overnight, endangering cancer screening, early childhood education, primary care, and more. This is a baseless attack on some of the most effective and inclusive public programs in our country and we will not let it stand.”

Source link