NewYou can listen to Fox News articles now!
Illinois Governor JB Pritzker said there was no emergency, President Donald Trump “trying to create a crisis” after reporting that the federal government could deploy the National Guard to Chicago to resolve the issue City Crime.
“At present, Illinois has not received any federal requests or publicity to ask if we need assistance and we have not made any requests for federal intervention,” the governor said in a statement Saturday.
This is afterward Trump’s actions To promote the existence of federal law enforcement in Washington, D.C. to reduce crime. Hundreds of federal agents and National Guard have been deployed on the streets of Washington, D.C. as part of the federal takeover of the area.
Now, Trump says Chicago may be his administration’s next target for crime.
Illinois Governor JB Pritzker said there was no emergency and President Donald Trump was “trying to create a crisis.” (Scott Olson/Getty Images)
The Pentagon plans to conduct military deployment in Chicago for weeks, which could include mobilization of thousands National Guard According to the Washington Post report.
“The safety of the people of Illinois is always my top priority,” Prizker said. “There is no emergency guarantee that the U.S. presidential federal government will deploy the Illinois National Guard from other states or send active-duty military personnel within our own borders.”
The governor also accuses Trump of “trying to create a crisis, politicize serving Americans and continue to abuse his power to disperse the pain he has caused in his working family.”
He continued: “We will continue to abide by the law, fight for the sovereignty of our country, and protect the people of Illinois.”
Chicago mayor calls Trump’s National Guard deployment plan “inconsistent, unconformity”

President Donald Trump said Chicago could be the next target of his administration’s criminal crackdown. (Reuters/Leah Millis)
Democratic Gov. Juliana Stratton said Trump’s report on the deployment of federal forces in Chicago “proves what we all know: He is willing to do his best to create chaos, and if that means more political power, then who will be hurt.”
“As a Governor Lieutenant, I have fought for reforming our criminal legal system throughout my career and we have made tremendous progress under the Pritzker-Stratton administration,” she said in a statement. “Crime in Chicago is falling, and there is absolutely no reason for this decision, besides the pain caused to working families by dispersing Trump with a dangerous agenda.”
She added: “Illinois, Governor Pritzker and I are here to represent your rights, your freedom, and will protect you from hatred and fear of storms.”

President Donald Trump talks with law enforcement officers and National Guard in Washington, D.C. (Jacquelyn Martin/AP photo)
Click here to get the Fox News app
Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson, also a Democrat, had previously said: “Illegal deployment of the National Guard to Chicago has the potential to inspire tensions between residents and law enforcement when we know that trust between police and residents is the basis for building safer communities.”
“Illegal deployment [National Guard] “It will be unsustainable and has the potential to undermine the historical progress we have made,” Johnson said in a statement Friday.
The mayor also cited data showing that homicides, robberies and shootings have dropped significantly over the past year.

Senior News Analyst & National Affairs Writer
Prabhat Sharma is a veteran journalist with over 12 years of experience covering national news, current affairs, and breaking stories across India. Known for his analytical approach and in-depth reporting, Prabhat brings clarity to complex topics and delivers content that informs, educates, and empowers readers.
He is passionate about political transparency, policy analysis, and the evolving landscape of Indian journalism.
When he’s not writing, you’ll find him reading non-fiction, watching documentaries, or exploring offbeat destinations