Home World 15-year-old boy’s mother, US immigration agent holds $1 million in claim at...

15-year-old boy’s mother, US immigration agent holds $1 million in claim at gunpoint | US immigration

6
0

A 15-year-old boy’s mother was detained at gunpoint by federal immigration agents and is seeking $1 million in compensation and accusing him of Trump administration There are false imprisonment and “unconstitutional racial profiles.”

The teenager, a U.S. citizen with disabilities, sat in a car with his mother outside of Aletta High School in Los Angeles on August 11, when masked immigrant agents surrounded them and pulled them out of the car. They said the boy was the suspect in the crime and put him on for a few minutes until they realized there was a mistake, Los Angeles Times Report.

His mother told NBC4 The agent told her son that they confused him with others, but “look at the bright side: when you return to school, you will have an exciting story to tell your friends.”

“What’s exciting about having a gun point at you?” she said.

The claim filed by Carillo Law Firm on behalf of the boy and his mother claimed that agents from the Ice and Border Patrol had no reasonable suspicion or possible reason for detaining the boy and caused him physical injury and emotional distress. His mother told the media that he was traumatized and frustrated.

Agent “race image” [the teen] The claim points out when he is just sitting in his car waiting for his family.

The incident has sparked widespread anger in Los Angeles and has sparked concerns about the activities of immigrant agents, especially around city schools. A few days ago, the authorities Arrested an 18-year-old child When he was walking dogs, he started high school shortly before high school.

this Los Angeles The Unified School District has adopted new strategies to protect students and “ensure that schools remain safe and supportive for all children and families, regardless of immigration status.”

Alberto M Carvalho, Lausd Person in chargeonce said that the incident involving 15 years old is “unacceptable”. In a statement earlier this month, Carvalho said immigration enforcement around schools “destroys learning and creates anxiety that lasts far beyond school days.”

In response to the 15-year-old detention, Congresswoman Luz Rivas condemned the government for “continuing to use violent tactics to intimidate our students and families.”

The claim is against the Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the U.S. Border Patrol, and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

DHS said the allegations targeting agents at high school were false and that agents were conducting “targeted actions” [a] Crime Illegal Alien”.

The statement said: “The goal of making someone an immigration enforcement is to be if they are illegal in the United States rather than their skin color, race or race.

The agency accused the law firm of trying to use “race animations to collect clicks, influence and cash.”

Source link