Home World Trump uses “pocket withdrawal” to cancel $4.9 billion in congressional approval foreign...

Trump uses “pocket withdrawal” to cancel $4.9 billion in congressional approval foreign aid | Trump administration

7
0

Donald Trump have been told to the Speaker of the House, Mike Johnsonhe would not spend $4.9 billion on foreign aid approved by Congress, effectively cutting budgets without passing the legislative branch.

Trump’s letter to Johnson on Thursday, he is using so-called “bag revocation” – President submits request Congress Do not spend approved funds at the end of the fiscal year so that the legislature cannot act as required within 45 days, and therefore the money becomes out of place. This is the first time the president has used one in nearly 50 years. The fiscal year will end at the end of September.

The letter was posted on the White House Office of Management and Budget on Friday morning on account X. It said the funding will be cut from the State Department and the U.S. International Development Agency or the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), an early goal of Trump’s efforts to cut foreign aid.

The last evacuation was in 1977 by Jimmy Carter and Trump administration It is considered to be a tool permitted by law. But if standardized by the White House, such a move could effectively bypass Congress’ choice of key spending and potentially give some control over housing and Senate spending.

The Water Storage Control Act of 1974 grants the President the right to propose a cancellation fund approved by Congress. Congress could vote to return funds or maintain funds, but by proposing a withdrawal proposal that would approach September 30, the White House ensured that the money would not be spent, and financing failed.

Trump had previously tried to gain support from Congress and successfully achieved success in July when the House and Senate approved $9 billion worth of cuts. These cancellations withdraw funds to obtain public broadcasting and foreign aid.

A iconic policy of foreign aid by the Trump administration has significantly reduced, although relatively meager losses relative to the deficit and potentially damage U.S. reputation abroad, as foreign populations lose access to food supplies and development programs.

In February, the government said it would eliminate nearly all U.S. Agency for International Development’s foreign aid contract and $6 billion in foreign aid. Since then, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has been demolished and its remaining plans have been placed under the control of the State Department.

The Trump administration called on Wednesday to stop the foreign aid Trump has tried to freeze, including the global health and HIV and AIDS programs, including the global health and HIV and AIDS programs.

The New York Post first reported on pocket evacuation.

Source link